Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Four Letter Words

As soon as the newlyweds returned from their honeymoon, the young bride called her mother, who lived a couple of hours away. How did everything go?- Mom asked. Oh, mother, she began, the honeymoon was wonderful! So romantic, we had a terrific time. But, mother, on our way back, Andy started using really horrible language. Stuff I"d never heard before. Really terrible four-letter words. You"ve got to come get me and take me home. Please, Mother!- And the new bride sobbed over the telephone. But, honey, the mother countered, what four-letter words? I can"t tell you, mother, they"re too awful! Come get me, please! Darling, you must tell me what has gotten you so upset.... Tell mother what four-letter words he used.Still sobbing, the bride said, Mother, words like dust, wash, iron, cook.

No comments: